Myself, circa 2016
http303 -> 127.0.0.1
Canada, V1V 000
I am a MSc student in mathematics at the University of British Columbia Okanagan Campus. I am working under the supervision of Yves Lucet. I graduated virtually from McGill University with a BSc in mathematics and computer science.
Current: nothing for now! just taking neat classes.
In the near future: optimization for road design applications
- Worked on a neat class (MATH562 at UBCO with Warren Hare) project which involved investigating surrogate problems in (black box) optimization.
- Worked on a project that aims to provide a measure of confidence that a deep neural network has given some classification task
- Pre-print on arXiv
- Recently chosen for a spotlight presentation at the ICML 2020 Uncertainty & Robustness in Deep Learning (UDL) workshop
- Worked with Aram-Alexandre Pooladian on a project involving Deep Learning (DL) perturbation attacks using a Langevin dynamics based approach (preprint)
- Worked on an algorithm that became the No-collision transportation maps paper
- Optimal transport
- Numerical methods
- Machine learning
- Distributed and parallel computing
I hope to specify further as stronger interests develop.
Small Talk Topics
Some hobbies of mine that do not pertain to the above
- Bicycles: cycling, maintenance, etc.
- Collecting (vinyl) records, high-fidelity sound
- Almost anything digital: repair, building, design, etc.
- Photography (sometimes with artistic distortion), graphic design and typography
- Tinkering in the vain of N-O-D-E’s projects
Languages (spoken + written):
- ~Italian (looking to improve)
Colleagues & Friends
- Shereen Elaidi
- Tiffany Yong
- Anna Brandenberger
- Aram Pooladian
- Diego Lopez
- Chris Finlay
- Mariana Prazeres
|Oct 23, 2020||
I will be giving a talk on the No-collision transportation maps work at the COCANA on
|Jul 5, 2020||Work on using Out-of-Distribution (OOD) data to calibrate deep neural networks has been accepted to the UDL workshop!|
- JSCNo-Collision Transportation Maps2020